Our team has chosen their favorite 6 Virtual Reality classes, courses, MOOCs, online training, certificates and more. We’ve created the list after carefully analyzing 19 Virtual Reality classes. We analyzed these Virtual Reality courses based on elements like the number of students, instructor, duration, difficulty level and price (free vs paid). Cheers to your success!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page.
Best Virtual Reality Courses
- React VR – Creating Virtual Reality Apps
- Virtual Reality Foundations
- Sci-Fi Interior Environment Creation for Virtual Reality
- The Complete Virtual Reality Game Development Course
- Master Unity® VR: Make 30 Mini Games in 3D
- Create Virtual Reality Apps using React VR & React 360
This introductory Virtual Reality online class is great for self-learners. This class will be a deep dive into the essentials of ReactVR, different projects, shapes, and a weather simulator. Definitely add the certificate of completion to your LinkedIn portfolio.
The React VR – Creating Virtual Reality Apps course is available on Udemy and taught by David Joseph Katz a software engineer. At the moment there are >6,800 students registered in this online class.Skills you will learn
- Create an entire ReactVR app from scratch
- Learn to deal with APIs and web requests
- How to publish your apps
- Get hands-on experience with real-life applications
- Discover working with shapes in VR
This class is excellent for students interested in VR especially using JS and React. You should take this class if you have already some basic experience with programming.
Duration: More than 3 hours
The curriculum is specially developed to teach the basics and foundations of Virtual Reality. In this video series, students will find out what VR is, the different types of VR as well as how to create their own VR content.
The Virtual Reality Foundations course is available on LinkedIn Learning and taught by Craig Barr, a technical marketing expert, who currently works in media and entertainment at NVIDIA. Many students have already signed up so. Currently, there are about 12000 students enrolled.Skills you will learn
- Learn what VR is all about
- Different types of VR
- What’s currently possible with VR and how it can be used in the future
- The process of creating VR apps from start to finish
This course is for you if you’re new to VR and want to learn the basics before starting a deep dive into a more hands-on focused course.
Platform: Linkedin Learning
This course is specially designed to teach you VR with a focus on Sci-Fi environments. Learn about environmental design concepts like floor, ceiling and entrance modeling. A certificate is waiting for you once you completed the course.
The Sci-Fi interior-environment creation for Virtual Reality course is available on Udemy and taught by Dean Deakyne a Visual Effects Artist and 3D Instructor. The number of students isn’t limited and at the moment there are 1200 students registered.Skills you will learn
- Understand how to design a Sci-Fi inspired environment
- Create texture maps with UV map geometry
- Use substance painter to generate textures
- Learn how to import your designs into Unity
- Establish a certain mood through lighting
- Create particles
- Finalize a scene and experience it in a VR app
The course is a great choice for you if you’re eager to learn about VR and have a passion for Sci-Fi. This is especially a good fit for students who want to learn how to create atmospheric environments.
Duration: ~41 Hours
This class shows the basic concepts of how VR can be used for game development. If you’re new to game development and want to cover your bases, check out the best game design courses and classes. You’ll discover how to build in-game experiences. At the end of the class, you’ll earn a certificate.
The complete Virtual Reality game development course is available on Udemy and taught by Pablo Farias Navarro, a certified Game Developer and Founder of ZENVA. The number of students goes up every week, at the time of writing there are more than 600 students signed up.Skills you will learn
- Learn the basics of VR game development
- Discover how VR can be used in Unity
- Build VR games
- Find out how you can optimize VR experiences
The team recommends the class to anyone who wants to learn how to apply VR in Unity. This course doesn’t explain all the basics of Unity so it would be best if you already have a little experience with this application.
Duration: ~6 Hours
In these lessons, you will learn all about mini VR games for mobile. Some of the concepts explored in this course include the basics of Unity, foundations of game designs and how to design artworks in Blender. If you’re new to Blender, make sure to take a look at the Blender online courss. You can download a certificate after completing this Virtual Reality video game course.
The master Unity® VR: Make 30 Mini-Games in 3D course is available on Udemy and taught by John Bura from Mammoth Interactive. Students seem to love this class with more than 5000 enrolled in this series.Skills you will learn
- Create games in Unity
- Learn the foundations of how to design a game
- Be creative in Blender
- Start some programming in c#
- Develop a total of 30 mobile mini-games
This course is ideal for students that want to get started with VR game development. Keep in mind that this class focuses on mobile games.
Duration: ~78 hours
The class is specially designed to show the basics of React 360 and React VR. Haven’t worked with React before? Freshen up your skills with a React online class. Besides learning about the core concepts of Virtual Reality, students find out how React 360 can have a big impact on our future. Students will get a certification at the end of the class.
The create Virtual Reality Apps using React VR & React 360 course is available on Udemy and taught by A to Z Mentors. At the time of posting this article, there were over 200 students signed up.Skills you will learn
- Understand all aspects of React 360 and React VR
- Design your own VR applications with React 360 and React VR
- Get to know the basics of models
- Learn all about 3D shapes, lighting, and animations
- Find out how VR can change our future
Taking this course will help you gain a solid understanding of the possibilities of VR. We recommend this class to anyone who already got a bit of experience with React or game development,
Duration: Almost 7 hours
Good luck on your journey! How did you like our list of the best Virtual Reality online courses and classes? We will keep you updated with new courses and classes. Thanks for checking out the list!