Always wanted to learn Unreal Engine? These are our favorite 7 Unreal Engine online courses, certificates, classes and trainings. The list was created after carefully comparing 25 Unreal Engine courses and going through 5 of them ourselves. For these Unreal Engine resources, we looked at different factors like price (free vs paid), the number of students, duration, difficulty level and instructor. Have fun checking these out!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page.
Best Unreal Engine Courses In 2021
- Unreal Engine 4 Course (Create Multiplayer Games with C++)
- Unreal Engine 4: How to Develop & Use Your First Two Games
- Unreal Engine 4: The Complete Beginner’s Course Tutorial
- Create Multiplayer Games with C++: Unreal Engine Mastery
- Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Class: Blueprints
- Unreal Engine 4 – Learn to Make a Game Prototype in UE4
- Unreal Engine 4: Project Based VR Course for Arch Viz in UE4
This Udemy class will introduce you to Unreal Engine 4 and was created in collaboration with Epic Games. The main concepts discussed in the class include writing C++, building escape and building battle tank. A certificate of completion for this class is available on the site and useful for future job applications.
The Unreal Engine 4 Course (Create Multiplayer Games with C++) course is available on Udemy and taught by Ben Tristem the founder of GameDev.tv – An incredibly high number of students (>200,000) has already signed up for the course and the number keeps climbing.Skills you will learn
- Learn to work with C++
- Discover the unreal engine 4 editor
- Learn to work with git as a backup system
- Understand the basics of object oriented programming
- Bring sound effects and audio to your games
- Learn game design principles
- Explore programming patterns
This course is for you, if you are already a competent computer user. Further, it is great for artists with their own assets or developers who want to break into game development.
Duration: More than 48 hours
The course is specially developed to teach beginners more about Unreal Engine 4. You’ll discover stuff like Unreal editor and Blueprint. During the course you’ll create different games, including a pinball and survival game. Make sure to include the Unreal Engine 4 certificate of completion as part of your LinkedIn resume.
The Unreal Engine 4: How to Develop & Use Your First Two Games course is available on Udemy and taught by Christopher Murphy an Unreal Engine evangelist and director of Pub Games. Currently, there are over 48,000 students registered for the course.Skills you will learn
- Learn to build interactive experiences
- Navigate the Unreal Editor
- Master the gameplay framework
- Understand how Blueprint works
- You’ll be able to create your own games
We recommend the class for anyone who has an idea for an interactive experience. Including games, simulations or media/art visualization. The course is great for you if you always wanted to learn Unreal Engine 4.
Duration: Almost 16 hours
Discover everything things Unreal Engine 4 in this online class. As part of the class students will explore the level editor, actors, blueprints, inputs, user interfaces and collisions. Let people know that you completed the class with a certification from Udemy.
The Unreal Engine 4: The Complete Beginner’s Course Tutorial course is available on Udemy and taught by David Nixon a software developer. More than 24,000 students found the class already and the numbers are growing.Skills you will learn
- Learn game development using the newest version of the editor
- Build realistic looking environments
- Determine custom inputs
- Learn about movements for character control
- Discover script logic to define gameplay, without coding
We recommend the course for anyone who wants to get into video game development. Even if you are an absolute beginner, this course will help you design games from scratch using UE4.
Duration: About 10 hours
This course helps beginners grasp the basics of Unreal Engine 4 with C++ and Blueprint. During the course you’ll create a stealth game and a coop game. You’ll learn about things like gamemode rules, ai guards, multiplayer support, weapon basics and game networking. Show that you completed the course with a certificate of completion.
The Create Multiplayer Games with C++: Unreal Engine Mastery course is available on Udemy and taught by Tom Looman a game developer. Many students have already registered. So far there are more than 24,800 students enrolled.Skills you will learn
- Explore the power of C++
- Discover the fundamentals of the C++ programming language
- Build multiplayer games
- Understand the gameplay framework
- Work with artificial intelligence in Unreal Engine 4
Who is this for? People who are not afraid of learning some C++ to create video games. Developers that have experience with Unity 3D who want to dive into Unreal Engine 4.
Duration: More than 17 hours
If you are looking for a way to discover Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints, this is the course for you. These are concepts that will be covered: Fundamentals, variables, arrays, flow control, events, classes and actors. Like all Udemy courses, this also comes with a certificate.
The Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) Class: Blueprints is available on Udemy and taught by Luccas Schmigel an indie developer. You probably cannot go wrong with this class, more than 4,677 students have signed up already.Skills you will learn
- Learn to create games using Unreal Engine
- Working with Blueprints
- Configure human-controlled characters
- Create game logics
- How to become an indie developer
The class is great if you are an indie developer who wants to learn blueprints, you are a professional who wants to work on interactive solutions or you are an artist that wants to create their own video games.
Duration: Almost 31 hours
In this online course students will experience the fundamentals of Unreal Engine 4. The specialization shows students concepts such as assets, blueprints, level setup, gamemodes, source control, collisions and more. You can access the certificate on the platform after completing the course.
The Unreal Engine 4 – Learn to Make a Game Prototype in UE4 course is available on Udemy and taught by Rob Brooks a video game developer. Currently, there are over 7,078 students registered for this course.Skills you will learn
- Understand the fundamentals of Unreal Engine
- Learn to work with blueprints.
- Build polished prototypes
- Discover the UE4 interface
- Learn about particle systems
- How to apply audio to a game
You’ll enjoy the course if you are interested in learning the fundamentals of Unreal Engine 4. The course does not require prior programming or game development experience.
Duration: Close to 16 hours
This is another good Unreal Engine 4 course with a focus on development for virtual reality. Some of the concepts explored in this course are 3ds Max, materials, lighting and the course will cover a few real-world type projects. The Udemy course also has a certificate.
The Unreal Engine 4: Project Based VR course is available on Udemy and taught by Adam Zollinger a digital artist and instructor for 3ds Max, V-Ray and Photoshop. Many students have already signed up, at the moment there are 7,310 enrolled students.Skills you will learn
- Learn to work with 3d models
- Setup your models as VR experiences
- Create photorealistic renderings
- Build a full VR project
- Learn everything about basic blueprints
- Explore scripting without programming experience
This class will be helpful if you are new to Unreal Engine 4 and want to improve your skills.
Duration: A little more than 8 hours
We wish you good luck and lots of fun studying Unreal Engine. Did you enjoy our favorite Unreal Engine 4 online courses, classes, programs with certification? Looking for a more retro look for your games? Take a look at these Pixel Art courses. We will be extending this list, make sure to bookmark it. Thanks for going through our list!