The votes are in! Here are the best 6 PLC Programming online courses, classes, certificates and training programs. Our team looked at 22 PLC Programming classes, but these 6 really stood out. For these PLC Programming resources, we looked at different factors like duration, the number of students, price (free vs paid), difficulty level and instructor. Have fun checking these out!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, visit my disclosure page.
Best PLC Programming Courses
- PLC Programming – Training from Scratch on RSLogix500 & 5000
- RSLogix5000 Training Using PLC Ladder Logic. Basic
- Learn Industrial Automation
- Allen Bradley PLC Programming Training: RSLogix 5000 Series
- Learn PLC Programming From Scratch (PLC I)
- Learn 5 PLCs with AB, Siemens, Schneider, Omron and Delta Training
If you have no prior experience in PLC Programming, this might be the course for you. The topics in this course are PLC hardware, inputs, outputs, logic concepts, troubleshooting and emulation. All Udemy course come with a certificate.
The PLC Programming – Training from Scratch on RSLogix500 & 5000 course is available on Udemy and taught by Vladimir Romanov an electrical engineer. The number of students goes up every week, at the moment there are more than 2,700 students registered.Skills you will learn
- Learn how a programmable logic controller operates
- How to programm a PLC
- Learn programming from scratch
- Learn to pass a technical PLC interview
This course if perfect for electrical engineers, electricians, technicians and others who have an interest in learning PLC programming.
Duration: About 14 hours
The series of courses will teach students more about PLC Programming. Even though this is an introductory course, topics include the different platforms using Logix5000, ladder routines, creating tags and going online. At the end of the course, you can download a certification for the class.
The RSLogix5000 Training Using PLC Ladder Logic. Basic course is available on Udemy and taught by Jeff Sharman a PLC, HMI and networking specialist. The number of students keeps climbing and is currently at around 1,500 registered students.Skills you will learn
- Create your own PLC programs
- Manage PLC projects
- How to work with the RSLogix5000
- How to create tags
- How to communicate with the RSLogix5000
The course is ideal for technicians and electrical engineers, it is not meant for people who want to learn coding.
Duration: A little less than 3 hours
For those who are looking for an introductory PLC Programming course this might be it. In this course the author dives into explaining industrial automation and therefore programmable logic controllers (short PLC). Definitely add the certification to your LinkedIn resume.
The Learn Industrial Automation course is available on LinkedIn Learning and taught by Zahraa Khalil. The course is popular and there are at the time of writing 36,098 students signed up.Skills you will learn
- Learn the concepts behind industrial automation
- Learn the basics of working with PLCs
- The concepts behind supervisory control
- Data acquisition (scada)
- Understand the different types of networks
This class will be helpful if you are looking for an introductory course to industrial automation and PLC programming. It is targeted at people interested in a career as an automation engineer or technician.
Duration: About 40 minutes
In these lectures, beginners will learn all about PLC Programming, even with no experience. This course will be a deep dive into RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, ladder logic programming, produced and consumed data.
The Allen Bradley PLC Programming Training: RSLogix 5000 course is available on Udemy and taught by Shane Welcher an engineer in machine automation. More than 1,600 students discovered the class so far.Skills you will learn
- How to setup and program rockwell automation
- Understanding PLC programming
- Learn to work with Studio 5000
We recommend the course for anyone who wants to learn the complete setup and PLC controls in Studio 5000 and RSLogix 5000 software.
Duration: More than 21 hours
Discover all things PLC Programming in this online class. Learn to create PLC programs from scratch by discovering the following areas: inputs, outputs, fundamentals, program setup, process logic, alarms and HMI. Impress future employers with a certificate from this class.
The Learn PLC Programming From Scratch (PLC I) course is available on Udemy and taught by Paul Lynn. There are, at the time of writing, >39,000 students registered in this online class.Skills you will learn
- Create a PLC programs from scratch
- Understand ladder logic, and the inner workings of HMI
- Learn the difference between digital and analog signals
- Learn basic, standard control techniques
- Develop an understanding of alarms and notifications
- Gain a basic understanding of HMI development
We recommend the class for anyone who wants to familiarize themselves with ladder logic in as little time as possible.
Duration: About 21 hours
Individuals who want to become an expert in PLC Programming should definitely consider this class. As part of the course you’ll learn about PLC application projects, micrologix 1000, HMI interfacing and industrial sensors. Make sure to include the PLC Programming certificate as part of your LinkedIn account.
The Learn 5 PLCs with AB, Siemens, Schneider, Omron and Delta Training course is available on Udemy and taught by Rajvir Singh a mechatronics engineer. More than 12,000 students found the class so far.Skills you will learn
- Learn ladder logic programming
- PLC wiring concepts
- How to do effective troubleshooting
- How to work with the Micrologix 1000
This course is ideal for PLC programmers, engineers and technicians.
Duration: More than 32 hours
We hope you also fell in love with PLC Programming. Did you enjoy our favorite PLC Programming online programs, classes, courses with certification? What course did you choose? Let us know. Thanks for going through our list!